What is Osteopathy?
Osteopaths are allied health professionals that specialise in the management of musculoskeletal (muscles, joints, fascia, ligaments) pain and injury. Osteopaths use a combination of manual therapy, exercise, education and advice to manage a range conditions and promote health. Osteopaths are required to complete 5 years of university study focused on gaining a deep understanding of the human body.
What to expect from a consultation at
- Listen to your story to gain a deep understanding of your issue.
- Examine and assess your physical capabilities & factors contributing to your complaint.
- Explain our diagnosis and expected recovery with the reasoning behind it.
- Develop a management plan that suits your needs.
- Implement the management plan using a combination of hands on techniques including soft tissue massage, joint manipulation, joint mobilisation, and stretching.
- Support you in implementing the management plan by using tailored exercise, education and advice and help prevent reoccurrence.